Welcome to my blogspot!

Online journaling is a challenge and a joy...at the same time. My hope and prayer is that you will gain insight into my way of thinking and my way of life. I am also want to write stuff down so that other's will be encouraged and challengend in their walks of life.
May all that I journal be glorifing to my God and Savior.
Enjoy!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Quote from Corrie Ten Boom

I am reading "Not Good if Detached" by Corrie Ten Boom.
In her chapter on Lonliness, she writes after she finds out that a women kills herself and her daughter shortly after Corrie had gone to visit the depressed woman. corries heart is grieved over the situationa nd wonders if there was anything else she could have done.

Here is what she writes.

"Is the devil victor? Poor woman, poor family.
A great darkness enters my heart. What sufering there is in the world. This is only a drop in the ocean of misery on this earth. Have I failed? Have I done wrong? I do not often weep, but now I cannot restrain the tears. Then I take the Book that gives comfort. "Cast thy burden upon the Lord. "Yes, I need not carry it myself. He has carried our sorrows. I unpack my mental suitcase in prayer, and pray for grace to travel further with it empty, and to leave my sorrows with Him. Then I read further, "Behold, I make all things new," says Jesus (Rev. 2:15). "The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord" (Isa. 11:9). "God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes" (Rev. 21:4)"

I believe that Corrie's response is godly and encouraging. When sorrows have filled your mental suitcase, unpack it and allow God's Word to fill it with His grace to travel on.

1 comment:

  1. A mental suitcase, I love it.

    She was such an amazing woman... what great verses to consider when looking at suicide.

    ReplyDelete