Welcome to my blogspot!

Online journaling is a challenge and a joy...at the same time. My hope and prayer is that you will gain insight into my way of thinking and my way of life. I am also want to write stuff down so that other's will be encouraged and challengend in their walks of life.
May all that I journal be glorifing to my God and Savior.
Enjoy!

Monday, July 17, 2017

Waiting Restless Soul

Waiting
This morning I read an article regarding one mans treatment for restless leg syndrome.
A disease I do not have, yet there are many times I have felt a restlessness in my soul.

As I read the article I instantly realized that, for the past month, I have been restless of soul. Why?

Waiting.
Waiting for change?
Waiting for a passing of life.

Currently in the life of ministry, our church is in a season of change.
Good changes.
For the past year we have been renovating a building we purchased. A common phrase that my husband had been saying, "When we get the certificate of occupancy then we....." will do this or that."

Waiting is over. We hold the certificate. Praise God!

Yet, the restlessness still seems to be lingering. I find myself wondering what changes are coming.

In our small church family we have lost people to job change moves, a family left due to theological differences, and some  stopped coming due to the church changing locations. All listed are common in the life of a church.

Waiting, still, to see what God will do. Who He will bring.
Waiting to see God move in our church and in our community.
Excitement.
Waiting ....on God to move is good.
Waiting for spiritual and populous growth, at times, presents itself in restlessness.
Yet I put my trust in Him!
Jesus gives peace and quiets my restless soul.

Waiting .....so many times in the past.

Waiting for 12 days from the time my stepdad had a massive heart attack, to pass from this life to heaven.

Waiting for 21 days in ICU, as I stood by the bedside of an alone elderly woman who attended our church, to pass from this life to heaven.

Waiting and watching my beloved father-in-law suffer through his disease, for a month, before he passed from earth to heaven.

Waiting and watching my precious sweet 4 1/2 month old grandson thrive after life threatening birth defect, only to pass away from a complications from a common cold.

Waiting now...and watching my mom wait and watch her 80 year old husband , as he is soon passing on from this life to heaven.

Each one different.
Each one personal.
Each one.
Waiting for someone to pass from this life to the eternal, is never comfortable.

Restlessness of soul.
Yet, I put my trust in Him.
Jesus gives peace and quiets my restless soul.

"Peace I leave with you;
my peace I give you;
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid." John 14:27





No comments:

Post a Comment