Welcome to my blogspot!

Online journaling is a challenge and a joy...at the same time. My hope and prayer is that you will gain insight into my way of thinking and my way of life. I am also want to write stuff down so that other's will be encouraged and challengend in their walks of life.
May all that I journal be glorifing to my God and Savior.
Enjoy!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Father's Day 2016

Yesterday, June 19, 2016 was Father's Day....yup. 
My natural dad passed away when I was 7 yrs old. I am thankful that God chose Eldon Irvin Poverud to bear me.

God then gave us a a step dad, Guido Schinigoi. 
I miss my step-dad the most. 
Most days I think of him. It seems like forever since he passed away. 

I also deeply miss my father-in-law,Jurjen(Jerry) Rypstra. He too has passed away. 
He was funny, loving, generous, and I loved him so.

I thank God for Jim Keller, my foster dad. Whom when I was a young, confused, and lost teenager, he and his wife brought me into their home and shared the love of Jesus with me.

I also have realized that as our kids have grown, married, and have families of their own,  Don and I seem to spend more holidays alone. Not that the families wouldn't or don't , (as schedules permit), but I am realizing that we are in a time of life when our kids have their own lives to live.

Oh, they love us and we do spend time together, happily. 


I am so glad that I (we) , Don and I, have taken these past 34 years to cultivate our marriage, because we knew that one day all the kids would be gone and raising their own families. 


Happy Father's Day to the father of my children and to my best friend and bantering buddy!

Don Rypstra

1 comment:

  1. Love you and blessed you are the example of Gods love every day! Thank you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete